Four years of passionate perseverance, determination and hard work paid off on July 19, when Yeager Airport (CRW) finished the $25 million reconstruction of its runway safety area. Completing the project was an important milestone as the West Virginia airport continues to recover after a massive airfield landside that occurred on March 12, 2015.

The reconstruction project was funded 90 percent via FAA airport improvement grants with the remaining 10 percent funded by a state match.